Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Climb Every Mountain???

I'm not sure about climbing every mountain, but I've climbed a few since I started hiking again on April l of this year. This picture was taken in the Jay Range in the High Peaks area of the Adirondacks. It was a cloudy day with a little rain but still a wonderful place to spend the day.

The trail to the summit of Buck Mountain near Lake George, New York is bursting with color. Although the colors are "past peak", they are still a delight to behold. Some areas of the trail give new meaning to Robert Frost's phrase "yellow woods". They are lit with a golden light that only appears in the autumn and makes everything it touches glow.



This is the view from the summit of Buck Mountain taken on Sunday, October 25. Even though Sunday was my twenty-sixth trip to the summit of Buck since April 1, I don't tire of the view.
I will have a year of Buck Mountain in photographs after hiking this winter. They will keep me busy in the studio for quite some time, I'm sure.

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are the greatest inspirations for quilts, Joanna -- I can see your creativity exploding with any one of them!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots. I went for a hike two days ago and my muscles are protesting and threatening to go on strike. I have even more admiration for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the space and the productivity! Expect to spend some time around here.

    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete