Sunday, October 23, 2011

To Muse or Not to Muse

Friend and fellow fiber artist Diane Evans recently asked ME, of all people, what to do about creating because her muse had deserted her.  I advised making something small just to create.  Of course Diane did what she always does, "museless" or not, which is make something gorgeous. You can see her wonderful card by clicking on her name.

My muse and Diane's muse were obviously basking in the sun on the Riveria sipping wine from crystal stemware because I had to take my own advice. I took a collage class with  Fran Skiles  at Quilting By the Lake this summer.  It was very intense and inspiring resulting in these two collages.   After returning home, however, the muse ran away again.  Finally, after 20 greeting cards and 12 small pieces The Muse has returned demanding attention.

The Muse has to wait for something serious to happen until I dig my studio out from under the photography equipment, the carpet of snippets on the floor from 32 small artworks, and piles of rummage sale fabrics waiting to be ironed. Hopefully it will be worth the wait!

1 comment:

  1. Now, if only MY muse would gather some inspiration from YOUR muse, maybe I'd feel even more creative -- these pieces you made are wonderful. I love the freedom I see in your work -- you inspire me to try and cut loose a little bit more each time.

    Thank you for your very kind words -- you made my day.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete